Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
LinkedIn LA Sales/Marketing Professionals, July 29
Wednesday, July 29, 2009 at 6:00 PM (PDT)
Los Angeles, CA
The event in organized by the LinkedIn Group: "Sales and Marketing
Professionals Promoting HighTech and Technology in Los Angeles and its
Vicinity", the largest LinkedIn group in Los Angeles with about 4000
members, and growing.
We are pleased to partner with iHollywood Forum for this cocktail party. This is a desert reception that takes place at the conclusion of the iHollywood 8th Digital Media Summit. You will be admitted from 5:30pm only.
If you would like to attend the Digital Media Summit, view more details here. This is a one day conference from 9am-5pm with Sony, Disney, CBS, MTM and over 100 senior executives from entertainment and digitalmedia.
Parking at UCLA lot for $10.00. View at; www.digitalmediasummit.eventbrite.com
If you cancel, we do not offer refunds but you can transfer to someone else.
Address of the event:
UCLA, Covel Commons, Grand Horizon Room
200 De Neve Dr.
Los Angeles, CA 90024
Cocktail party and dessert buffet: 6:00-7:30. No host bar.
Program: 7:30-9:00 pm
For questions, call Tommy Orpaz at (818) 825 8167 or write to email@example.com
Mirna Bard, Social Media & SEO Strategist
So what does Twitter do for businesses?
Twitter posted on July 23 its Twitter 101, a set of Web pages created to help businesses learn how they can use the service to market products and boost sales
Many people who follow Twitter are aware that Dell, which has said it has earned roughly $3 million from its followers on Twitter, who have clicked from posts on the site to Dell's own sites to purchase goods.
JetBlue, Current, Tasti D-Lite, Etsy, American Apparel, PepsiCo and others have also used Twitter to boost sales. Take PepsiCo, the largest of those Twitter business cases. These are some of the case studies that will be covered by Mirna.
Melodie Tao - Social Media Strategist and the Business Development Manager for BusinessOnLine marketing agency
• How to measure business success using Twitter
• Case study: How a large organization uses Twitter to interact with their customers to reach business goals
• Case Study: How a small business uses Twitter to interact with their customers to reach business goals
Fernando Espuelas, Host & Managing Editor at Cafe Espuelas on 1020am in Los Angeles
This is a radio talk show broadcast live M-F on 1020 AM. It is the number 1 rated Spanish language AM station in Los Angeles, part of the Univision Radio Network. Espuelas founded StarMedia, the first multi-platform digital media company for Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking people worldwide. StarMedia transcended national barriers, becoming the most recognized pan-Latin new media brand, eventually serving 25 million people per month. Espuelas went on to raise $500 million dollars for StarMedia in a combination of private and public offerings, including raising the first dollar of venture funding and the first IPO for a Latin Internet company.
Lane Soelberg, President - COOP Media Ventures
Creating engaging story systems around a brand and its community are his specialty.
The COOP is a brand entertainment boutique, which has served clients such as Ford, Mazda, Gateway, Virgin Mobile, Microsoft, Intel, and Chili's.
Majid Abai, Chief Executive of Pringo, Inc.
This is an Enterprise Social Networking platform provider located in Los Angeles. His topics:
• What Are Enterprise Social Networks (ESN)?
• Effects of ESN on Business
• Convergence of ESN and Enterprise Portals
• ESN as a Marketing tool
• How Bank of America, Jack-in-the-Box, and other companies established successful ESNs
Neal Schaffer, Author
Author of "Windmill Networking: Understanding, Leveraging & Maximizing LinkedIn" . His topics are: "The Merits of Virtual Networking: Connecting with LinkedIn LIONs &
Building Your Twitter Following"
Brian Selzer, Executive and digital/social media producer; Founder of Omgento .
Brian Selzer is a creative executive and digital media producer who has made a career pushing the boundaries of interactive entertainment. He has created, produced, and distributed multimedia content to a client list that includes Fox, Universal, Warner Brothers, Sony, Activision, EA, Marvel, Hasbro, Nike, Lego, Honda and many others. His topic: Augmented Reallity, as recently featured in the NY Times, http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/12/business/12proto.html
PARKING INSTRUCTIONS: DRIVING DIRECTIONS:
UCLA Sunset Village - $10.00
From the 405:
* Exit on Sunset Blvd.Proceed EAST on Sunset Blvd. and enter the campus by turning RIGHT onto Westwood Plaza.
* Proceed straight ahead and down the driveway to underground Parking Lot 4. Pick up a parking permit for Lot PSV from the attendant at the kiosk.
* Make a LEFT as you exit the Parking Lot 4 driveway and proceed WEST on Charles E. Young Drive North.
* At the three-way stop sign, make a RIGHT onto De Neve Drive.
* Make a LEFT into the Sunset Village (PSV) parking entrance. Insert your gate pass as indicated on the scanner. Park in any unrestricted space.
* Take the elevator or stairs (located in the southwest corner of the parking garage) to the Lobby level (L). The Covel Commons building will be directly in front of you as you exit the elevator.
* Approach the building and turn LEFT down the exterior corridor. Grand Horizon Room is on Third Floor.
Additional Parking Info:
Parking permits are $10 per day and are good for only one lot (i.e. you may not move your car to another lot without paying an additional charge).
When & Where
This event is hosted by Tommy Orpaz who creatred the LA Professionals LinkedIN, Tech Supper Club, and iHollywood Forum. Supper Club is the new way for Southern California executives to meet and make deals.